A Methodist preacher decides to play hooky on a Sunday to play golf. He’s playing the best golf of his life when an angel asks God, “Are you going to let this slide? Do something!” So God says, “Watch this.” The pastor hits a 425-yard tee shot and the ball goes in the hole for a double eagle. The angel asks, “Why did you reward him?” God says, “Who is he going to tell?”
Thank God the Covenant Cup golf tournament takes place on a Saturday so that no one has to play hooky from church. So, you can’t use church as an excuse not to show up for a great day of golf and a fantastic evening banquet on September 24. That also means you can’t use golf as an excuse to miss Church the next Sunday. Does it get any better than that?
Seriously, the Covenant Cup has been an important event in the life of FUMCMC for the last eight years. Not only have we been able to pay over $100,000 towards debt retirement, the Cup has been a great way to tell the community about all of the ministries we offer to East Fort Bend County and beyond. But the Cup can only be successful this year with your help!
Here is how you can help us out this year:
- You can sponsor a hole. This is one of the main ways we make such a great profit each year.
- You can donate money to honor 2 mainstays of the Cup who are no longer with us. If we can raise at least $1,000 for each hole, we will be able to have memorial holes to remember and honor Jack Meredith and Harry Farley. (I would love for us to raise at least $2,000 per hole.)
- You can buy tickets to attend the banquet that evening and bid high and bid often on the silent auction items.
- You can enter a foursome to play in the Cup.
- You can donate silent auction items and lots of new sleeves of golf balls.
- Pray for good weather.
I hope you will make this year’s Cup the best ever! Let me know if you need more information.